- Accounting for Revealed Comparative Advantage: Economic Complexity Redux, 2019.
- Economic Growth and Complexity across Chinese Regions: the Role of Cost-saving Production Diffusion (with Karsten Mau), 2019.
- Flexibility and Productivity: Towards the Understanding of Firm Heterogeneity for Multi-product Exporters (with Luca Macedoni), 2018. ( R&R at Journal of International Economics )
- Riding on the New Silk Road: Quantifying the Welfare Gains from High-Speed Railways, 2018.
- Hollowing Out the Middle Class in China: Trade Liberalization and Household Income Polarization, 2018. ( R&R at Review of World Economics )
- What is the Price of Tea in China? Towards the Relative Cost of Living in Chinese and U.S. Cities (with Robert C. Feenstra and Alexis Antoniades), NBER Working Paper No. 23161, 2019. ( Accept at The Economic Journal )
- FDI Effects on the Labor Market of Host Countries (with Galina Hale), Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Working Paper 16-25, Sept 2016, forthcoming in Encyclopedia of International Economics and Global Trade, World Scientific Press.