- Riding on the New Silk Road: Quantifying the Welfare Gains from High-Speed Railways, 2017
- What is the Price of Tea in China? Towards the Relative Cost of Living in Chinese and U.S. Cities (with Robert C. Feenstra and Alexis Antoniades), NBER Working Paper No. 23161, 2017
- Flexibility and Productivity Heterogeneity of Multiproduct Exporters (with Luca Macedoni), 2017
- Innovation-adjusted Economic Complexity and Growth: Does patenting reveal enhanced economic capabilities (with Travis Lybbert), 2017
- Hollowing Out the Middle Class in China: Trade Liberalization and Labor Market Polarization, 2016, (new version coming soon).
- FDI Effects on the Labor Market of Host Countries (with Galina Hale), Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Working Paper 16-25, Sept 2016, forthcoming in Encyclopedia of International Economics and Global Trade, World Scientific Press.